Re: [tlug] Fortran --> Python (was linux engineer)

Josh Glover writes:
 > 2012/6/8 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:
 >
 > > Attila's point, I suppose, is that you *do* understand, I suppose, far
 > > more than you need to get to work.
 >
 > Sure, but I'm a geek.

I prefer to spell that concept P-H-I-L-O-S-O-P-H-E-R.

 > I personally don't care at all about how Java technologies like
 > Guice and Tomcat work. I know how to use them, and if they're
 > causing me problems, I'll learn more, but I don't want to waste my
 > time learning that stuff when I can be hacking on Clojure
 > instead. :)

But that's precisely the attitude we are advocating.  OK, Attila may
have overstated his case when he described How Things /Should/ Be, but
his ire is reserved for folks in that situation who *refuse* to learn
more when they need to, and refuse to invest in general knowledge that
makes them a bit more efficient and knowledgeable.