Re: [tlug] Fortran --> Python (was linux engineer)

Josh Glover writes:

 > I use the subway to get to work. Should I understand how electric
 > trains work? Signalling? Tunnel construction?

Attila's point, I suppose, is that you *do* understand, I suppose, far
more than you need to get to work.  By your statement above, you show
that you even understand that signalling *exists* in the train system,
and that tunnel construction is a specialized field posing problems
that require a technology all its own.  That is rather deep
understanding by the standards of the evening news, even on NHK.

Of course at some point the thirst to know attenuates, and we need to
concentrate much of our attention on mission-critical tasks.