Re: [tlug] Fortran --> Python (was linux engineer)

It's like using Mac, iPhone, developing Mac app but still subscribing TLUG.
Or just only me?

On Jun 8, 2012, at 2:29 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Josh Glover writes:

I use the subway to get to work. Should I understand how electric
trains work? Signalling? Tunnel construction?

Attila's point, I suppose, is that you *do* understand, I suppose, far
more than you need to get to work.  By your statement above, you show
that you even understand that signalling *exists* in the train system,
and that tunnel construction is a specialized field posing problems
that require a technology all its own.  That is rather deep
understanding by the standards of the evening news, even on NHK.