Re: [tlug] Fortran --> Python (was linux engineer)

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 16:55:21 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> But on *this* list, I think it's reasonable to assume we, and the
> people we want to hang out with, care about doing what they do well,
> and have at least some curiosity (and ambition!) outside of their
> (nominal) fields.

I know it's naive, but i still think that anyone doing a job should
like to do it well, for whatever reason he has. Just sitting there,
waiting until another day passed is not a modi operandi i can live
with. And i have serious difficulties to understand why anyone who
does this, doesn't stand up and change it. At least in most "developed"
countries there is no need to stay in a job you don't like.

Hence, i would expect anyone who is working in field F and uses tool T
should try to understand how T works, even though it originates in
a completely unrelated field U. But reality seems to be quite different...
Even if i restrict it to people with a higher education, who are more
likely to learn new stuff just because it's new and stuff... it still
does not hold.

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.