[tlug] et tu, Xperia? (Was: Rooting the Android phone rocks!)

TLUG,

Just wondering. My friend has a Sony/Ericcson Xperia, and it's running
Android 1.6.

After seeing what I did with my phone, she wants the same thing done
with hers.

If I understand the page where I got my rooting instructions from, it
should be general and work with other phones:

http://softbanksucks.blogspot.com/2010/09/universal-androot-works-on-docomo-ht.html

However, since it's not my phone, I think I shouldn't proceed unless I'm
totally sure.

Can someone more knowledgeable about phone rooting confirm for me if the
instructions on that page will be as effective for the Xperia as it was
for my phone?

Yoroshiku!

--
Dave M G