[tlug] [Jobs] Recruiting Linux/Desktop support and SW engineer

Hey guys,

a bit off-topic, but my employer (Gilt Japan, http://www.gilt.jp/) has a couple of open position that might be of intrest to some of the members here.

The first is a sys admin position (50% linux servers, 50% mac users), where we need someone quite experienced on managing a pool of Linux servers (be comfortable with scripting, automation systems like Puppet, and monitoring systems like Nagios/Cacti/Splunk) and also willing to help out in managing a little horde of Mac users (we have around 50 people now, and growing fast, mostly on OS/X with a couple of windows boxes).

The other is more engineering related. We're seeking someone with a decent C.S. background to help us develop, manage and customize and  a rather large e-commerce site built on Java/JSP (for the front-end) and Ruby/RoR (for the back-end). Needless to say that any experience in SQL (we use PostgreSQL), data caching systems (memcached, Voldemort) and Linux (that's what we use on the servers, see above) are big pluses.

For both positions we'd really like to have bi-lingual candidates (Japanese and English) as our offices are located in New York and Tokyo. no particular bias either way, gaijin speaking some japanese are ok so are japanese natives speaking a bit of english, but we'd prefer to have someone already local, in Tokyo, for interviews and getting to know the local team.

The team in Tokyo is fairly small, 4 people for now and (obviously) growing but with a strong backing from our US corporate (50+ strong engineering team).

If you're interested, know someone who might, or want more information (about the position or the company) please contact me off-list! Extra points if you use my work email addy <pfumagalli@example.com> :-)

Thanks for listening, and sorry for the shameless plug!

    Pier