Re: [tlug] Rooting the Android phone rocks! (Also: screw Docomo!)

Hi,

> Updates are pushed by carriers, so in this case, it's Docomo. 2.2.1 is the
> update released by T-Mobile for their MyTouch 3G, not all carries that
> have Magics have released updates.

You are asserting that the ht-03a AKA SAPPHIRE has a 2+ android
release for it, but that Docomo isn't pushing it.

I don't believe that is accurate and while I am sure Docomo is a nasty
company like companies tend to be, do not think you can blame Docomo
here.

HTC themselves have not posted a 2+ release for the the Google ADP2
(AKA SAPPHIRE).  If there were one available, I would expect it to be
on the HTC site with their other roms for the handset.  We Android
developers complained bitterly about the ADP2 not having 2+ support to
no avail.  A 3rd party rom is the only solution at this time.  Please
give me a link showing this is wrong if you have one.

I think rather that for whatever reason, a SAPPHIRE 2+ official
release was never made.

http://softbanksucks.blogspot.com/2010/06/more-confusing-information-on-updates.html

Shawn