Re: [tlug] Where to get a "free" mp3 walkman in Japan

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> It is possible HTC irritated the shops by releasing a product (HTC
> Desire) then not having any to sell, earlier this year. They seemed to
> be promoting it well at first, but after a few weeks with still no
> handsets in sight I noticed the display had shrunk and been moved to a
> corner, and it was hard to get any enthusiasm from the sales people.
>
> (I assume it is nicely in stock now?

When I went, they didn't have any display at all!  Only an old
brochure - for a version no longer available - I was told.  The man
told me there was a newer version by order only.  Ah... thank you for
mentioning this!  That's a very good reason for the shop not to
promote something - if the supplier isn't giving them phones, there is
no reason for them to try selling them!

Lyle