Re: [tlug] Mixi vs. The BBC [KIND-OF-SOLVED]

> Ubuntu 10.04, firefox 3.6.10. While I'm listening to BBC radio (iplayer,
> i.e. flash), if I view certain pages on mixi it kills the radio. ...

It seems the problem also occurred on other pages, even on other BBC
radio pages!

My "solution" is I installed Chromium and I run radio from there, and I
still do all my browsing from firefox. Flash "cookies" seem to be shared
(e.g. I stop a BBC iplayer instance on firefox, open it up on chromium
and it starts in the same point), but obviously the flash processes are
independent. This setup has been working well for a few days now. I
notice radio sometimes stops for a second or two, then comes back. But,
with no other evidence yet, I'm guessing network congestion rather than
software.

Darren

http://dcook.org/gobet/  (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)