Re: [tlug] Debian rant

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:31:00 +0900
Shawn Brown <big.coffee.lover@example.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry that I can't rigidly follow ideology.

[schnipp]

I feel your pain. Though i have to say that it's your fault
to some extend too :-)
As a fellow EE i can tell you that it is a very bad idea
to have to upload the firmware for the device at each startup.
You run in to hundreds of problems that could be just solved with
a simple eeprom or flash. Yes, it's 1EUR less on the BOM, but you
easily spend a much higher amount in software development trying to
keep up with the ever changing world.
Also keep in mind that driver problems are the biggest issue in
maintenance of devices for use with the PC.
And users hate driver problems.

Other than that. Well, there has been enough said on the idiotology issues
that Debian has already, no need for me to add to it :-)

			Attila Kinali
--
WYSIWYG is not a solution, it is the problem, and until we get around to
realizing that very few of us are competent to design fonts, styles, or