[tlug] Debian rant

I'm sorry that I can't rigidly follow ideology.

It seems weird to me that to make a Debian package that will load a
binary onto another device, that the src files and tool chain needed
to make that binary be included in the Debian package.  The binary has
nothing to do with Debian, will not run there, and will only
communicate via bluetooth classes whose source is included in the
Debian package.  Why do we need to include the toolchain for the
firmware of a totally separate device in the Debian package  just
because some people connect to that device via Devian???

I guess I'm not really looking for an answer.  I see my fellow
developers wasting their time on the effort when we have little and it
irks me.  It's open source though so I guess people can do what they
want but really it's me who'll end up answering the "what's wrong"
question.  I think I'll just assume it's the firmware, and tell them
to do a normal install without building the firmware via the Debian
package before trying to diagnose it any further.

Sorry.  I mean if we were talking a driver that's on your Debian
machine, OK I see your point.  We're talking a binary you flash to
another device.

Shawn