Re: [tlug] Debian rant

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 12:03:54AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I guess what's happening is that you're running into the Debian
> requirement that Debian packages be buildable from source.

I parsed the situation in a similiar way.
I am looking at it more from user-perspective than from
contributing firmware, but i like that ruleset.
The situation reminds me of these home-routers shipped
with linux but the producer not offering the sources.

Having the policy of "everybody should directly provide
everything required to build the code+firmware" maybe
reminds the people/corporations contributing the code
of good habits.

Christian