Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
- Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:52:01 +0900
- From: Charles Muller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
- References: <email@example.com> <20090227084905.GF6449@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <49B86E23.email@example.com> <4A07A439.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4A0A49A8.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla-Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (X11/20090103)
Hideki Yamane wrote:Maybe yes, most of them say "You cannot use this font for evil use"in those license. But they don't realize that real evil persons don't care about the license ;-) So it just restricts us - distributions' package maintainers.And Japanese fonts creators just don't know about FLOSS licenses.They create their own font license - by copying from other fonts licenses and modify it.Then, on the other hand, you have the case where people make assumptions about a license without actually reading it. When the Creative Commons licenses first came out, I applied it to many of my online documents, and soon found those documents appearing around the web in formats that directly contravened the stipulations of the license. For these people, the word "Creative Commons" itself simply meant "anything goes." After going through the trouble of getting most of these illegal usages (but not all) corrected, I went back to plain old copyright notices, which people seem to understand much better.Chuck -- ------------------- A. Charles Muller University of Tokyo Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters Center for Evolving Humanities Akamon kenkyū tō #722 7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku Tokyo 113-0033, Japan Web Site: Resources for East Asian Language and Thought http://www.acmuller.net <acmuller[at]jj.em-net.ne.jp> Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Any interest in a talk about OGP?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links