Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?

Hideki Yamane wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2009 13:06:17 +0900
John Fremlin <john@example.com> wrote:
I think that in order to please my Japanese audience, a brush stroke style font is required. Any ideas very welcome! Has there been any progress on this front recently?

 How about http://www.geocities.jp/ep3797/japanese_fonts.html?

Thanks, that's a great page. It has a wide selection of fonts with nice previews.

One slightly strange thing is in its list of reasons for the paucity of free Japanese fonts.

	3. Font authors don't want to see their fonts on adult sites.
	So they don't want to make it free (GPL etc).

Is this a real reason?

 "Aoyagi Kouzan" is a brush style font.

I downloaded the OpenType version of that font from
http://musashi.or.tv/aoyagikouzanfont.htm
It installed fine.

It really looks like a brush stroke. The "no" character simulates a brush stroke so much that it seems to be half missing :-)

I'll ask Mr Kuroda if he likes it first before mucking about with TeX