Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 23:40:09 +0900
- From: Hideki Yamane <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090227084905.GF6449@example.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <49B86E23.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A07A439.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A0A49A8.email@example.com>
- Organization: Debian JP Project
On Wed, 13 May 2009 13:16:40 +0900 John Fremlin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > One slightly strange thing is in its list of reasons for the paucity of > free Japanese fonts. > > 3. Font authors don't want to see their fonts on adult sites. > So they don't want to make it free (GPL etc). > > > Is this a real reason? Maybe yes, most of them say "You cannot use this font for evil use" in those license. But they don't realize that real evil persons don't care about the license ;-) So it just restricts us - distributions' package maintainers. And Japanese fonts creators just don't know about FLOSS licenses. They create their own font license - by copying from other fonts licenses and modify it. -- Regards, Hideki Yamane henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane
- Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
- From: Charles Muller
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] -FYI- May 30 Mozilla Party JP 10.0
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Pretty Japanese fonts?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links