Re: [tlug] Linux distro!: Centos is RHEL

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 01:15:18 SL Baur wrote:
> Now continuing with the ongoing contest ....  I am saddened to announce
> that the Momonga CD crashed and burned instead of booting, which makes
> Rainer Schuermann eligible for a runner up prize.

Looking forward...

My copy booted fine, but I didn't get my wife to even look at it, so I did not
invest much time - my Japanese is not strong enough.

Three things (for those who would still want to look at it) that might make it
less attractive:

->  It's a pure Japanese distro, so I'm not sure about English language
issues. Sure, KDE etc. shouldn't be a problem but who knows what little snags
could be around
->  It's a bit fat - great for my purpose but depending on the intended use,
some trimming might be necessary
->  WLAN did not work out of the box (it does with Vista and Sabayon)

But a full, clean, good looking KDE!

Good luck,
Rainer