Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Lanmap or something of the likes.
- Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:08:11 +0900
- From: Henri Servomaa <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Lanmap or something of the likes.
- References: <47D79F90.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Erin Hughes kirjoitti 12.3.2008 kello 18.17:
Does anyone know of a newer more supported project like Lanmap.
Some one wants a pretty picture of their windows network, and while I think I can dig up a my copy old copy of Whats Up Gold, that also means firing up xen and finding a copy of XP or the likes. I thought if there was something similar for Linux I would rather use that.
Is Lanmap not doing what you want, or are you looking for more functionality ?
if you want to scan hosts and do some snmp profiling (IIRC windows (>=2k) has snmp enbled by default)
you could look at stuff like zenoss.org or zabbix.com, or even opennms.org
My current tools and plan of attack are as follows.
Nessus, Wireshark and nmap for the analysis's.
Aha, you really want to analyze the network, it seems, not just scan for hosts.
I've not really heard anyone using something other than Nessus.
At least in the backend. On the frontend I've seen commercial GUIs and tools built around it.
But then, I've not worked in any real NOC... so
Cheers, -- Henri
- [tlug] Lanmap or something of the likes.
- From: Erin Hughes
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Who is www-data, and why do they want my CPU?
- Next by Date: [tlug] Bad attitude Wednesday [C&C maybe]
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Lanmap or something of the likes.
- Next by thread: [tlug] Bashing away at Unix
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links