Re: [tlug] Skype Withdrawal: OSS VOIP Opportunity [C&C]

CL writes:

 > Skype failed due to programmer error (whether singular or multiple
 > instances of either, I don't know) ... or, so they claim.  As I was
 > reading, I was still thinking that OSS has the same potential
 > vulnerability in that regard.

Think "SPF".  Skype (and any monopoly) suffers from it by definition.
OSS need not, and for "interesting" applications (for values of
"interesting" == "high hack value") surely will not.  Cf the plethora
of implementations of HTTP servers and clients.

Note that a plethora of implementations leads almost inevitably to the
Postel Principle ("Be Puritan in what you emit and Catholic in what
you receive.")  That, of course, is the foundation of robust
interoperability.