Re: [tlug] Skype Withdrawal: OSS VOIP Opportunity

On Sat Aug 18 11:48:56 2007, CL wrote:
> jep200404 wrote:
> >CL wrote:
> >
> >>Am I the only one going through Skype Withdrawal[?]
> >
> >This is an opportunity. What can OSS VOIP do better than Skype?
>
> Silly me ... I was downloading Asterix to install.  I read about OSS.

Marty uses software from openwengo instead of Skype.  Claims it's better
as it's based on the SIP protocol and allows you to chat to people who
are using MSN, AIM, Jabber etc.  I don't know how its costs for PC to
telephone calls compare with Skype's.

http://www.openwengo.org/

--
Karen