Re: [tlug] Email encoding for DoCoMo and AU

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Curt Sampson writes:
> Well, that I do, in that ISO-2022-JP fits into the lower 7 bits.
> > > ISO-2022-JP is old enough for bytesize to matter (RFC 1468).
> > I'm not sure what you mean by this.

A cute and obscure way of saying the same thing you did.

I was struck by how much effort went into optimizing the number of
bits in these protocols back then, eg that was one rationale for UTF-7
(RFC-1642).

Ah -- do you remember when a 300 baud connection was really fast :)

Steve S.