Re: [tlug] apple microsoft ads

Dave M G wrote:
Josh,

No one seems to have mentioned it yet, at least not in this thread, but Novell Linux put out some ads that expand on the Mac versus PC ads, with a woman representing Linux.

I think more could have been done with the premise, but I suppose it at least puts the word out.

There are three that I know of. This one I think is the better of the three:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVOnFdMf0RU&mode=related&search=
I love it! Actually 2 came up for Novell when I went there. Unfortunatly there were about 20 under 'mac spoof' that came up at the same time. They were dis'ing us man! see for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjpn3L3bSJQ
or: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFAJDbV9Vfs

They were funny though. I'm tempted to send the novell link off to my niece, but then she'd stumble on the other spoof's and I'd never hear the end of it :)

On the technical end -- I still need to get a dvd viewer working but everything else is looking really solid. And I finally have some decent command line tools!

Last night was spent trying to make sense of the various terms and kanji. I'm happy now with xterm, uxterm and the gnome term. The KDE's konsole isn't displaying kanji right and mlterm has some strangeness in it. But I have enough working that I don't want to spend more time with it.

Steve S.