Re: [tlug] apple microsoft ads

Josh,

No one seems to have mentioned it yet, at least not in this thread, but Novell Linux put out some ads that expand on the Mac versus PC ads, with a woman representing Linux.

I think more could have been done with the premise, but I suppose it at least puts the word out.

There are three that I know of. This one I think is the better of the three:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVOnFdMf0RU&mode=related&search=

On a more technical level, so far as I've been able to tell, I can play Quicktime movies in Xine, Totem, Mplayer, and VLC. I think once you have the right codecs on your machine, just about any player will handle Quicktime or any other format.

I don't recall having to ever specifically download Quicktime related codecs. I did, however, right when first installing Ubuntu, download pretty much everything video related, such as a package called "w32codecs", because I wanted to ensure as much as possible that I wouldn't encounter errors when trying to view anything. It's possible I pulled in the right Quicktime codecs then.

Hope that helps.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04