Re: [tlug] "Locale" urrrgh

On 13/07/07, Nguyen Vu Hung <vu-hung@example.com> wrote:

Birkir A. Barkarson ????????:

> In such a case using ISO dates definitely has merit.

The world is not utopia. I agreed with Turnbull.

I use YYYY/yy/mm because it is "standard" date format in Japan,
influenced by the masukomi :D

But as Unix types and programmers (at least some of us on the list are), is it not natural for us to crave unambiguous situations, as ambiguity is the bane of the determinism which fuels our Turing Machines? :)

--
Cheers,
Josh