Re: [tlug] Ubuntu / EPIA / Media Player

Basically, I could sit down and put all of the pieces together to build
what I'm looking for, and do it all just fine under NetBSD for that
matter, but I'm hoping (perhaps in vain) is that by moving into the
Linux world I can just push a few buttons and I'll be presented with an
integrated and configured set of programs that will save me all that
hassle. You know, just like Microsoft Windows does.*

I've not used Myth but I suspect it is suppose to be able to provide what you want.

I have an Epia box that has been mothballed for some time (12 months)
that I wanted to make into an "entertainment system" of sorts. I will
get around to it one day. On that note, I'm not sure if I would use
Ubuntu as a base for this system. Ubuntu is an excellent Desktop
distro but I don't think it is really aimed at this usage. I'm
thinking of going with either a very basic debian or gentoo install.
Followed by what I assume to be hours of heart ache getting Myth to
play the game :-)

Regards, Keith