Re: [tlug] Ubuntu / EPIA / Media Player

On Mon, 7 May 2007 10:20:45 +0900 (JST), Curt Sampson
<cjs@example.com> wrote:

> > Why not mplayer?
>
> I'm sure that that will be part of it, but mplayer itself doesn't deal
> with playlists,

If "deal with" you mean play back, yes it does.

$ mplayer -playlist whatever.m3u

If you want a gooey thing that not only plays back media but also
allows you to create playlists, then xine is probably closer to what
you want.

> remote control configuration, and so on and so forth.

Yes it does if built with lirc support. Never done this myself but it's
there in the docs. I don't know whether xine does, though.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.