Re: [tlug] Ubuntu / EPIA / Media Player

On Mon, 7 May 2007, Godwin Stewart wrote:

If "deal with" you mean play back, yes it does.

No, I meant more, "there's a nice simple way to create them, manage them, etc. etc."

> remote control configuration, and so on and so forth.

Yes it does if built with lirc support. Never done this myself but it's
there in the docs.

I was more hoping I could just plug the thing in, use some simple program to configure it for a particular remote, and go from there.

I can't say I'm particularly surprised by having to do a lot of this
configuration work myself, but I was hoping that there might be
something there that would make it all significantly easier than it is
under NetBSD. Aside from better driver support, Linux seems to be about
the same.

Ah well.

cjs