[tlug] Re: Learn a Variety of Languages . . . . . . .

> really ? - so how do you *easily* get a character count for a string of
> utf-8 bytes ?

In PHP it's mb_strlen()  (with internal_encoding set to "UTF-8" of
course). You can still use strlen() to get number of bytes. I use PHP
for most of my Japanese text analysis, only switching to C++ when memory
or speed becomes enough of an issue to justify it.

Darren