Re: Learn a Variety of Languages . . . . . . . (was: Re: [tlug] Re: Bourne Shell is the most appropriate scripting language)

On 1/16/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

For "scripting," Ruby is definitely better than perl, though it's not a very consistent language. I've yet to hear a good argument for chosing Ruby over Python or vice versa; they seem as much of a muchness. (I know very little Python, however.)

<hug> cjs </hug>

Thanks.

This is one of my concern. I am confusing between python and ruby.
Most of my work is automating and text processing ( Japanese ) so I
don't think I need other non-interpreting languages such that Scheme.
Lisp is difficult, I have bad momery with it when I was in university.
Ruby is a made-in-Japan software so I think it may dominate Python on
Japanese text processing.

-- Best Regards, Nguyen Hung Vu vuhung16plus{remove}@example.com VIQR Standard: http://vi.i18n.kde.org/viqr http://www.flickr.com/photos/vuhung/tags/fav/