Re: Learn a Variety of Languages . . . . . . . (was: Re: [tlug] Re: Bourne Shell is the most appropriate scripting language)

Hi
Ruby is a made-in-Japan software so I think it may dominate Python on
Japanese text processing.

Not really true.

Ruby still does not have proper Unicode support. Python complete
unicode support is available since Python 2.1 (I think...) and is very
easy to use.
If there is anybody interested and there is a room we could use for
free, I would be happy to make a quick intro to Python.

regs,

Guillaume