Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Is having no "iptables" bad?
- Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 22:22:51 +0900
- From: Dave M G <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Is having no "iptables" bad?
- References: <44CEC200.email@example.com> <20060801031124.GG17068@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <44CF436C.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20060728)
Botond, Thank you for replying.I found it, but it has a zillion options. So even if I include it, I'm not sure which modules I'd need to modprobe and whatnot.AFAIK iptables is the userspace part, the in-kernel stuff is called netfilter.I see. I'm just a little confused on which .config file you mean that I should take from my distro. Where would I find it?The recommended way would be to take the .config from your distro (ubuntu's kernel source) and alter that (i.e. optimize it for your system).Doing a bit of searching around, I see have these ones on my computer: This one I assume is the one I'm using now: /usr/src/linux-220.127.116.11/.configThese would be from my previous build. Would I use these? Would they work with the new kernel?/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-25-686/.config /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-25/.configHere's another one, which I'm not sure how it differs from the first one I listed./usr/src/kernel-headers-18.104.22.168/.configI'm all for getting a .config file suitable for Ubuntu, tweaking it, and then recompiling my kernel. But I just want to make sure I get the exact right .config file to start with.-- Dave M G
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] sending mails to the localhost
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Is having no "iptables" bad?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Is having no "iptables" bad?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Is having no "iptables" bad?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links