Re: [tlug] Ideas for reasons why an ERRNO::EIO occurs?

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:29:50 +0900, Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@example.com>
wrote:

> Run it over UDP or go back to NFSv2, watch your problems go away.  We've
> been burned so many times by bugs in knfsd ...

Sorry, I was mistaken.  It is NFSv3 over UDP.
But, looking at the /proc/mount it looks like one of the NFS mount
directories
is mounted twice as both NFSv2 and NFSv3!!!  Unfortunately, the mount that
was
giving us problems is only mounted once and is UDP with NFSv3.

>> Although, we solved the problem by further tweaking the retry parameter.
>
> No, you _masked_ the problem.

Yeah, I will try to express that to our sys admins ;-)

Thanks,
Zev