[tlug] Ideas for reasons why an ERRNO::EIO occurs?

Hello,

It appears that on one of our servers that when we try to copy
various files over to an NFS mount we get an input/output error.

Like such:

cp: closing `/mnt/foo/bar.txt': Input/output error

We have tried modifying the buffer size of NFS, but that does not
seem to change it.  Just out of curiosity, does anyone happen to
know the reasons why such a thing may occur?

Thanks,
Zev