Re: [tlug] Asterik in Japan

> >Also (once again I apologize for the dumb questions) do you know if
> >there is work to include Japanese caller id into the driver?
>
> AFAIK nobody is working on it right now.  Ignore the bit about a bounty
> being offered -- I talked to the guy, and IMHO he isn't reliable.

with:
   http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-November/028422.html

and the source code mentioned in that message:
  ftp://ftp.opencall.org/pub/spandsp/

while the technical information is given here:
  http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2003-November/002359.html

it appears that if someone could take the time to go through the spandsp code,
it could be easily implemented...

BTW, anyone tried Asterisk@example.com (as reported in Slashdot)?
   http://techdatapros.com/asterisk/
   http://asteriskathome.sourceforge.net/

the problem I have with these "appliance" CDs is that very few support
SCSI hard disks. on the other hand, since my Asterisk box crashes all the
time (dies with "cannot fork"), I may try to dig out an old PC with
IDE disks...