Re: [tlug] "done one job and do it well" mailer

You really ought to be a little more careful with attributions, you
know.  ;-)

    >> I simply don't believe that you have one or two tools that
    >> handle everything; if you did, that tool would be "Emacs"
    >> (though perhaps a completely different program with the same
    >> amount of bloat).  Or maybe your "everything" is a tiny subset
    >> of mine.

    ijw> $ ls -l /
    ijw> drwx------    2 root     root    199275943 Jan 27 10:53 /vmunix.el

*snort*  You're lying -- the size is much too small.  :-)

But this is real, although not on any production system I use (I'm not
sure if it's still possible with current CVS, haven't tried in a while):

$ fgrep steve /etc/passwd
steve:x:1000:1000:Stephen J. Turnbull,3C306,+81 (298) 53-5027,,TLEEPS Lab:/home/steve:/bin/xemacs