Re: [tlug] Re: Alan Cox's remark at Fosdem

    BR> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:34:33 +0900
    BR> Uva Coder <uva.coder@example.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Having a dozen ways to view email is like having a
    >> dozen pair of hands, but you only need one good set of hands.
    >>

    BR> Careful, we'd all have to use emacs and pine.
    BR> yuck

Emacs has many pairs of hands because it serves many purposes (it's
not just MUA, or just text editor, but you know that). If you divide
number of its purposes by number of its hands, you'll get about one
and a half :)

(just thought someone _had_ to stand for emacs :)

In general, user interface should be flexible (programmable?) so that
one can adjust it to their own tastes/needs.

--
Viktor