[tlug] OpenOffice content type for mail attachments

I'm a user of the Mew-Emacs mailer, and I've been having trouble with
sending OpenOffice (*.sxw, etc.) file attachments, as the mailer
presently seems to lack the settings for appropriate content type to
encode the attachment when it goes out--and thus they are corrupted when
the recipient tries to open them.

The Mew developers are always very responsive to problems such as this,
usually solving most queries immediately. But in this case, Kazu
Yamamoto responded to my query as shown below:

kazu> Hello,
kazu>
muller>> As far as I can see from the documentation in the Mew manual on the
muller>> web site (http://www.mew.org/release/info/mew_32.html.en#SEC32), there
muller>> does not yet seem to be a content type definition available for sending
muller>> OpenOffice Writer documents (*.sxw) as attachments. Is there a
muller>> possibility for this to be included in a future upgrade?
kazu>
kazu> I could not find an appropriate content type for *.sxw in the
kazu> following official page:
kazu>
kazu> 	http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/
kazu>
kazu> Where can I find the right specification?

I'm surprised to see Kazu stumped like this, and to help him out, I
guess I might just have to go over and sign up on one of the OO fora and
ask around. But before I do that, I figured I might check on TLUG, to
see if anyone can possibly guide me in a more efficient manner.

Thanks,

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University