Re: [tlug] KDE 3.2 in SId, but...

>>>>> "jb" == Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com> writes:

    jb> Yeah.  I like OS X quite a bit, but that menu bar at the top
    jb> instead of having the menu bar in each window is idiotic for
    jb> the amount of extra mouse milieage and unneeded shifting of
    jb> focus it makes you do.  I don't often say this, but WRT that
    jb> thing, "WTF was Apple thinking??"

What extra mouse mileage and unneeded shifting of focus?  :-)  They
were thinking "Emacs" of course.  If I need a menu, it either pops up
under the mouse, or my concentration is already long since blown.

YMMV, that's OK.  Just telling you why I personally don't mind the Mac
style menubar, with a little salt, of course.  ;-)

    >> AFAIK one of debian's weak points has always been KDE, KDE3
    >> took a long time to make it in there too.

That's because neither of the major desktop environments manages to be
stable enough to distribute binary packages in early releases, and
because migrating the Debian menu stuff can be a bitch.