[tlug] KDE 3.2 in SId, but...

Late last night/early this morning, KDE 3.2 packages appeared in Debian
Sid and I dutifully did my dist-upgrade, which resulted in...

Borkage! :-p

Specifically, kwin (at least) is not working, which leaves me with a single
unmanaged konsole window in which I am typing this and grateful once again
that I use mutt :-)

Google has so far not availed me.  Have any others already taken the plunge
and had this problem and fixed it?  Or still dealing with it now?

So far I have tried removing all KDE packages then reinstalling just kdebase
and kdm back, same result.  I haven't found any smoking guns in any logfiles
so far, so I have nothing to go on yet as to what is broken.  The symptoms
alone are pointing me in the directin of a kwin problem.

TIA for help. jeers and laughter for even trying this, or whatever :-)
I'll keep googling away from another machine, and experimenting.  If I
find the answer, or more concrete indicators of what's borked, I'll be
back.

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9