Re: [tlug] Mandrake 9.1 - For the record

>And Thus Spake "Thomas Kruemmer" <tkruemmer@example.com> (on Sat, 05 Apr
>2003 19:16:18 +0900):
>
>> If I understand correctly that this was what you claimed was missing. It
>> ain't missing, AFAICS, IMHO.
>
>No, the point was that what they call "expert" mode is still what I'd call
>"braindead chimp" mode - unless I missed something else, which is not out
>of
>the question.
>
>This being said, if I did miss something, it wasn't immediately obvious
>where it was.

Oh, brilliant, excellent! Monty Python meets TLUG! Lets start an argument to help us though a rainy and cold Satday night:

'Braindead chimp' mode? Do you mean 'too user friendly', 'too usable for the general public'? IMHO, Mandrake have gone a long way to improve Linux for becoming understandable and usable to the less experienced user (also known as 'braindead chimp'). That may be micosoftish, but it sure is a good way to go in order to get Linux out of the closet.

Anyway, apart from the cosmetics, I - probably being an BDC myself - have not noticed significant differences between the install routines of several distros of Linux.

Best
Thomas
(putting on a flame-retardant overall)