Re: [tlug] Japan Times Linux Article

On Friday 24 May 2002 10:46, Martin Arballo wrote:
> Sorry folks,
> I still hate LINUX as much as I hated WINDOWS when I was in the beginner
> stage. It took me time to understand windows, and I don't expect to learn
> linux quickly as well.

Why?
I think that you have to stand the situation. You have to use both OS or maybe
a third like MacOS.  If you are using programs like photoshop etc and you
have to work with files of that types, just use windows. It's not a sin.
I have windows 98 because I have to use some software that doesn't exist for
linux like Cisco router emulators and for Flash video production. And for all
the rest, I use Linux. So I think that you have to understand the situation
of nowadays, and it is illogical to hate both OS.
Don't worry if you send an email to tlug with outlook. There are people that
need to use a windows machine at work, school or maybe they can't connect to
internet with Linux, like me a year ago, because I had a ISDN card that was
not compatible. I think that people in the list that get angry because an
email is send from outlook, they are just joking, ins't it? I hope so.

Cheers
Pietro.
--
-