Re: [tlug] Japan Times Linux Article

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:08:11 +0900
BABA Yoshihiko <baba@example.com> wrote:

> Ehhh, how can apt be more difficult than just learn drinking beer?

Remember your first taste of beer?
I thought "This is terrible - why do people *drink* this crap?"
of course, after a little while, you begin to understand...
;-)

Linux is like that.

> If you are correct, people would rush to MacOSX.  In MacOSX, all you
> need to install new software is a few double clicks and copy.  They
> don't switch the OS's, I think, only because they are ill informed.

(Maybe I shouldn't mention that I'm typing this on an iBook, but the actual X session is forwarded from a linux box...)
Jim
> --
> BABA Yoshihiko

> please see instructions at