RE: [tlug] Japan Times Linux Article

Pietro Zuco wrote:
> Why?
> I think that you have to stand the situation. You have to use
> both OS or maybe
> a third like MacOS.  If you are using programs like photoshop etc and you
> have to work with files of that types, just use windows. It's not a sin.
> I have windows 98 because I have to use some software that
> doesn't exist for linux like Cisco router emulators and for
> Flash video production. And for all the rest, I use Linux.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I mean, I used to think that
I need/want to use just Linux. But that has changed. I mean,
sometimes, you just can't do that because of work/environment,
etc.

I've been teaching server-side Java at IT school, but they
primarily use Windows at school, so that's how I prepare
for the classes (I mean, for Java, it doesn't really matter
what platform it is. But too much options for students
may confuse them from time to time).

Even now, I use Outlook 2000 to read/write e-mails cuz
I'm too lazy to work on ppp program for Air H" card. If I
had time, I would spend on something of higher priority..

So as Mr. Zuco says, you could just have different OS's
for different stuffs..  There are always pros and cons in
anything.

-mune