Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- From: Jonathan Q <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:42:06 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 03:24:04PM +0900
- References: <email@example.com> <20020328131020.GA4184firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Gavin (firstname.lastname@example.org) wrote: > que (my sent-mail box and outbox) all mail was sent out (outbox is empty) That's not your mail queue. You would find mail in something like /var/spool/mqueue (could be a different place on your system, but check there first). Your inbox and outbox are only where your MTA keeps mail that is either going out or has been received. Once it hands outgoing mail off to an SMTP server (either local or remote) that SMTP server queues until it delivers it to the next SMTP server. > at the moment I'm guessing that my domain Gavin1.localdomain (work box) and That's not a domain (localdomain.com/net/org do exist, but they aren't registered to you), so it would be pretty hard to blacklist it. Anyway, if your mail is being refused, you could reasonably expect it to be returned to you. Refused mail should not just be dropped on the floor. If connections from your host are being refused entirely, then you would find that mail in your local queue, stuck there. Do you smarthost through your ISP's ougoing SMTP? If not, you might want to consider that, since there are more than a few places that block direct mail from known dialup, cable, and DSL pools (with good reason, since it's mostly all spam). > Gavin2.localdomain (Gateway box) has been black listed.. Jack, how do I > check to see if I have been B.listed?? and if anyone is using postfix, how Listed where? Try ordb.org for starters. Jonathan
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Text mode screen is too big
- Next by Date: [tlug] Re: can't post to Mandrake expert.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- Next by thread: [tlug] Re: can't post to Mandrake expert.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links