Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- From: Gavin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 01:39:49 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
- In-reply-to: <20020328184206.E6231@example.com>
- Organization: Gavin's English School
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020328184206.E6231@example.com>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
Jonahan, what is smarthosting? Gavin On Thursday 28 March 2002 18:42, Jonathan Byrne wrote: > Gavin (firstname.lastname@example.org) wrote: > > que (my sent-mail box and outbox) all mail was sent out (outbox is empty) > > That's not your mail queue. You would find mail in something like > /var/spool/mqueue (could be a different place on your system, but check > there first). Your inbox and outbox are only where your > MTA keeps mail that is either going out or has been received. > Once it hands outgoing mail off to an SMTP server (either local > or remote) that SMTP server queues until it delivers it to the > next SMTP server. > > > at the moment I'm guessing that my domain Gavin1.localdomain (work box) > > and > > That's not a domain (localdomain.com/net/org do exist, but they aren't > registered to you), so it would be pretty hard to blacklist it. Anyway, if > your mail is being refused, you could reasonably expect it to be returned > to you. Refused mail should not just be dropped on the floor. If > connections from your host are being refused entirely, then you would find > that mail in your local queue, stuck there. > > Do you smarthost through your ISP's ougoing SMTP? If not, you > might want to consider that, since there are more than a few > places that block direct mail from known dialup, cable, and DSL pools > (with good reason, since it's mostly all spam). > > > Gavin2.localdomain (Gateway box) has been black listed.. Jack, how do I > > check to see if I have been B.listed?? and if anyone is using postfix, > > how > > Listed where? > > Try ordb.org for starters. > > Jonathan
- Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- From: Godwin Stewart
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] What is the best one?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Re: can't post to Mandrake expert.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links