Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- From: Gavin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:24:04 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
- In-reply-to: <20020328131020.GA4184email@example.com>
- Organization: Gavin's English School
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20020328131020.GA4184email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Thursday 28 March 2002 22:10, Jack Morgan wrote: > On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:48:49PM +0900, Gavin wrote: > > I'm using Mandrake 8.0 and for the last few months I've been posting to > > the expert users group and so far I've seen none of my posts, also many > > of my friends have informed me that they have mailed me and I have not > > received anything.. It's driving me mad!!Does anyone have any ideas why > > this is happening?? help > > You need to give us a little more information. Just from what you told us, > my advice would be to ditch Mandrake :-) > > Possibilities include: > > --MTA (aka mail server) is mis-configured > > --Your domain is "blacklisted" (eg was used to send spam) and the Mandrake > MTA is dropping you mail > > I suggest looking in your mail que from mail that hasn't been delivered, > which means your mail client dropped off your mail to your MTA and your MTA > hasn't sent your mail off your PC. If your MTA is sendmail try: sendmail > -bp > Also, try sending mail to yourself from a hotmail account. If that returns > to you, have a look at the headers which should say why it was returned to > you, or post them here. > > Hope this helps, Jack, Thanks for your quick reply, ok for the record, I'm using postfix, heard it was more secure than sendmail (I heard!! don't really know..) I sent mail to my hotmail and yahoo acounts and they received them. as for checking my mail que (my sent-mail box and outbox) all mail was sent out (outbox is empty) sent-mail box has all my sent letters. if I'm looking in the wrong place please let me know. at the moment I'm guessing that my domain Gavin1.localdomain (work box) and Gavin2.localdomain (Gateway box) has been black listed.. Jack, how do I check to see if I have been B.listed?? and if anyone is using postfix, how should I set it up and which box should I setup eg. only gateway box or both?? I know these questions sound stupid but I feel a stupid question is one that is never asked. Thanks for your time. Sincerly, Gavin (Fukushima, Japan) P.S. Jack, what flavor are you running??
- Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- From: Jonathan Byrne
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Text mode screen is too big
- Next by Date: RE: [tlug] RE: User-friendliness and windows and Linux
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links