Re: [tlug] Correction: Re: epcEditor

A correction below:

[Jim Breen (Re: [tlug] Re: epcEditor) writes:]
>> OK, how do I do Japanese input in Tcl/Tk. Here is a little test program:
>>
>> 	tk useinputmethods 1
>> 	set ntext " 日本語 (にほんご)"
>>
>> 	label .jpl -text $ntext
>> 	button .jp -text $ntext
>> 	entry .jpe -textvariable ntext
>> 	entry .jpx -textvariable text
>>
>> 	pack .jpl .jp .jpe .jpx
>>
>> I have cannaserver running, and kinput2 running with the "-xim" option.
>>
>> I lunch a fresh kterm with the "-xim" option and with XMODIFIERS set to
>> "@example.com=kinput2". I set LC_CTYPE to ja_JP.
>>
>> I launch wish with that tcl script. A box with the four lines
>> correctly displaying the Japanese appears.
>>
>> How to I type Japanese into the text box? The usual Ctrl-space or
                                                       XXXXXXXXXX
>> Ctrl-\ sequences do nothing. I can't even paste into it.

I meant "Shift-space".

According to http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/suse-cjk/kinput2.html the
app-defaults file is /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Kinput2 and it
says:

*XimpProtocol.ForceDefaultServer: true
! X Input Method Protocol
*IMProtocol.locales: ja_JP.SJIS, ja_JP.EUC, ja_JP, japanese, japan, ja
! common to XimpProtocol and IMProtocol
*defaultFontList: -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-*-*-*-c-*
*ConversionStartKeys: Shift<Key>space

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298