Re: [tlug] !!!OT!!! raw cd copy

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:50:11 +0900
Jonathan Q <jq@example.com> wrote:

> We also need to get a better handle on the term "user-friendly."
> Windows, for example, forces you to do everything its way. You get
> know choice, and it works hard to keep you from even seeing what is
> actually going on under the hood.  Don't like how it works? Tough.
> And don't forget all those reboots to make upgrades take effect.

And you have to have fancy video hardware even for a server that doesn't use a GUI.  And the window manager sits there taking up memory and disk space.  A linux server - don't bother installing X and do everything through an arcane and yet extremely powerful text shell.  Much more friendly to the user (who doesn't want a GUI).

株式会社 レキサス
沖縄県宜野湾市大謝名 3-4-1 光ビル3F
TEL  098-870-2550     FAX  098-870-2551

     コールストン サイモン