Re: [tlug] OT ["Microsoft Corporation Security Center" <rdquest12@example.com>] Internet Security Update

I've been blocking this sort of thing at the server with a procmail script I got somewhere.
It's been working pretty well and blocks all sorts of types by extension, rather than trying to virus scan each attachment.
The number of non-viral attachments it's blocked has been trivial - if you need to send something that's otherwise prohibited, just zip it and re-send.
It doesn't handle attachments that are named using CSLID identifiers yet, but that hasn't been a problem so far.

I have it on my home web server if you're interested in taking a look:
http://mmdc.dyndns.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=3&mode=thread&order=0

Hope this helps someone - it's made *my* life a lot easier.
(If only procmail were easier to understand...)
Cheers,
Jim