Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Kmail Notification
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Kmail Notification
- From: "Eric O. Flores" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 18:44:51 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset="iso-2022-jp"
- In-reply-to: <200203070714.g277Ebl02607@example.com>
- References: <200203040828.g248Sut02499@example.com> <200203060218.g262IJt18991@example.com> <200203070714.g277Ebl02607@example.com>
You are correct the artsplay is instantaneous compared to play command. One of the cool things would be to change the mail notification alert randomly to play all of them cute sounds. I downloaded lots of wave from the sites below they make kmail more fun and some of the other programs that allow notificattions. It would be nice to have mail program like the one distributed for the win with lots of animations and cool html backgrounds. cool wav links: http://www.filelibrary.com/Contents/Multi-Platform/61/68.html http://unclebubby.cis.okstate.edu/commercials.htm http://chele.net/commercials.htm once again Thank you. $BLZMKF|(B 07 3$B7n(B 2002 16:14$B!"(BErwan Loisant $B$5$s$O=q$-$^$7$?(B: > On Wednesday 06 March 2002 11:18, Eric O. Flores wrote: > > Kmails notification via command line works fine the only problem I find > > is that the commands is delayed about a minute after the mail is in. > > > > Is there any way to accelarate the command? > > I did not notice that... > > But by the way, I found that it was better to use "artsplay" instead of > "play" while use with KDE. That avoids conflict with the sound server, and > allow to mix, for example, when playing noatun mp3. > > > $B7nMKF|(B 04 3$B7n(B 2002 17:43$B!"(BEric O. Flores $B$5$s$O=q$-$^$7$?(B: > > > Thanks! Now I got the AOL announcement with KMail. > > > > > > $B7nMKF|(B 04 3$B7n(B 2002 17:35$B!"(BErwan Loisant $B$5$s$O=q$-$^$7$?(B: > > > > On Monday 04 March 2002 17:28, Eric O. Flores wrote: > > > > > Kmail has a feature that announces went we receive mail. > > > > > It also has a command line. > > > > > > > > Yes, I use it to display information in a dockable app. > > > > > > > > > I am wondering can we use this command line to add a command that > > > > > will play a sound file such like the AOL "You have mail!" If so > > > > > can anyone out there teachme the right sequence of commands. > > > > > > > > play myfic.wav > > > > > > > > or: > > > > > > > > mpg123 myfic.mp3 > > > > > > > > As you prefer...
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Honeypots
- Next by Date: [tlug] random in bash [Kmail Notification]
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Kmail Notification
- Next by thread: [tlug] random in bash [Kmail Notification]
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links