Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Kmail Notification
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Kmail Notification
- From: Erwan Loisant <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:14:50 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset="iso-2022-jp"
- In-reply-to: <200203060218.g262IJt18991@example.com>
- Organization: National Institute of Informatics
- References: <200203040828.g248Sut02499@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200203060218.g262IJt18991@example.com>
On Wednesday 06 March 2002 11:18, Eric O. Flores wrote: > Kmails notification via command line works fine the only problem I find is > that the commands is delayed about a minute after the mail is in. > > Is there any way to accelarate the command? I did not notice that... But by the way, I found that it was better to use "artsplay" instead of "play" while use with KDE. That avoids conflict with the sound server, and allow to mix, for example, when playing noatun mp3. > $B7nMKF|(B 04 3$B7n(B 2002 17:43$B!"(BEric O. Flores $B$5$s$O=q$-$^$7$?(B: > > Thanks! Now I got the AOL announcement with KMail. > > > > $B7nMKF|(B 04 3$B7n(B 2002 17:35$B!"(BErwan Loisant $B$5$s$O=q$-$^$7$?(B: > > > On Monday 04 March 2002 17:28, Eric O. Flores wrote: > > > > Kmail has a feature that announces went we receive mail. > > > > It also has a command line. > > > > > > Yes, I use it to display information in a dockable app. > > > > > > > I am wondering can we use this command line to add a command that > > > > will play a sound file such like the AOL "You have mail!" If so can > > > > anyone out there teachme the right sequence of commands. > > > > > > play myfic.wav > > > > > > or: > > > > > > mpg123 myfic.mp3 > > > > > > As you prefer... -- Erwan Loisant Ph.D. student You have the power to influence all with whom you come in contact.
- Re: [tlug] Kmail Notification
- From: Eric O. Flores
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Honeypots
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] A few SPAM questions...
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Kmail Notification
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Kmail Notification
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links